Welcome Lakeshore Dreams readers (and listeners)!
1. Woodland ecology and management information from the University of Minnesota Extension. MyMinnesotaWoods has everything you need to know to take care of your Minnesota woods. Look for this in the links on the left side of our homepage, or search for keywords there as well.
2. Five things every woodland owner needs to know. This post appeared in the July 2009 edition of Lakeshore Dreams magazine. On the version on our site you can post comments, ask questions, or follow many links for more info about the content of the article. The online version is here.
3. Property tax and financial assistance programs. On the radio on June 11, we discussed property tax programs to reward family forest owners for sound land management. More information on these programs is here, including a detailed overview and comparison of 2c Managed Forest Lands vs. SFIA. We also have a series of recommendations about income taxes and family forests.
4. A free monthly email update. We’ll send you one email per month with links to all the best new content on our site. The June 2009 email is here. We’ll never sell or share your email address. Take a moment and sign up now!
5. A discussion board. Got questions about your woods? Post them on our discussion board, or just see what others are talking about.